Tuesday, February 17, 2009

www.2bdutch.nl/

I have a co-worker who is Dutch. I only actually work with her once or twice every couple of months, but it's hard for me to pass up an opportunity to pick up some of a language for free. Native speakers are sometimes hard to come by and are a great resource.

I have some interest in Dutch, so I've been trying to include some time to study a little Dutch so I can be better prepared for those rare times when I can try out some Dutch.

I am about 6 chapters into an old copy of Teach Yourself Dutch, and 2 cds into Michel Thomas Dutch Foundation. I've also managed to download a bunch of Dutch music and a half-dozen audiobooks.

So, finding this website now comes along at just the right time.

This site has lots of videos with subtitles in Dutch and your native language side by side. Music, history, culture, humor, Dutch television programs for immigrants, music videos etc. Lots of content to help you learn Dutch. A great resource!

No comments: